Saturday, April 18, 2009

april shower

ugh...stooopid rain. the weather hasn't been as nice as it SHOULD be. very repulsed by the gray sky. still, i forced myself to get out, time is running out! so little time, so much to do!! my classes end in 3 weeks which means thats also when my final projects/papers are due. then there are finals, then seattle! yikes.
alright, FOCUS FOCUS. lets start from last afternoon
so I went to cafe marly at the louvre- did some reading and of course people-watched.

today:
i walked to musee picasso, WOOHOO! i've been there already when mom and bro were here but this time is for my final projects- yes plural. i am studying the building for architecture and a sculpture for my material class. its one of my favorite museums here in paris. my others are l'orangerie and musee rodin. im still workng through the list of museums i need to visit though. i like smaller museums- they are bigger than galleries but much more intimate than the lourvre or d'orsay. the crowd is also smaller, yet the collection is just as amazing, maybe even better at times. take musee picasso for example, the pieces there are some of his best works, and some that are not your typical picasso- i find these even more interesting. there are also works of his peers- such as a room dedicated to cezanne, i saw a couple modiglianis hanging on the walls today as well. i mean i do appreciate louvre a lot too! its like a one-stop shop where you can get everything! going to these smaller museums is like going on a treasure hunt. i often find more than i went for because i get to explore a new neighborhood and things around it.
i only took a couple of shots- my favorite pieces. yeah, kind of failed the whole "im local, not tourist" thing, i tried. well, old habits die hard. oops. (i did manage to hold back on one portrait though, i love love love it but the guard was there which made me ridiculously self-conscious with my camera.)

1 comment:

  1. seattle, you say? baaah! yaaaay! im back on the 14th. we'll party like its the first summer back from college.

    ReplyDelete