Wednesday, April 1, 2009

april in paris

what a week. i know i know, its only wednesday but have you seen the parisian sun?
in monday's film noir class, i watched 'the long goodbye' for the first time. most of the people in that room have seen it more than once already. those 'film studies' students take their movies quite seriously. they are [insanely] opinionated and [overly] enthusiastic with catching innuendos. personally, i think they just overanalyze everything they see but what do i know? im just THE amateur in the class. anyways...i actually enjoyed the film! its a funny 'film noir', how rare. i'll be watching it again when i get my netflix subscription back in the summer. the story itself doesn't make much sense logically but whatever, it was the 70s. the ending is quite twisted but the whole movie just has enough weirdness for me.

desert of the week:
from my beloved patisserie julien (i will take a photo of it when i am leaving- don't want to freak out the nice ladies there just yet, still need my daily fix of pain aux raisins)
tarte framboise avec kiwi

heres to wishing a good april in paris.

1 comment:

  1. Haha a funny film noir, seriously? That sounds like an awesome class, but I would be way intimidated by all the artsy types. :) Props to you though!

    Mahhh I miss you!
    And I still have to send you a post card hehe.
    I will when I get time. >>

    ReplyDelete