Saturday, March 28, 2009

tgiweekend

daylight saving- euro version! since im such a nice person, i'll even calculate the time difference out for you all ;)
east coast (coco im talking about you): now we're back to 6 hrs difference
west coast: 9 hrs difference (paris is ahead)
taipei/mom: im just 6 hrs behind.
everywhere else...do you own math.

so...i've been kind of lazy about cooking. during the week, i usually have enough time for a yogurt/cereal/madeleine as breakfast, once i get to school, my next free is either at 1pm or 3pm. this past week, i've been having late late 3.30/4pm lunches- it takes time for me to get from class to a place to eat. by the time i get home, im not really up for food anymore because im too full. i just eat fruits and dessert (theres one patisserie right down the street, well... actually i find them just about everywhere in the city). the french got me on this one, the proper way to finish a meal is with a dessert.
weekend is a different story- i spend my waking minutes thinking about what to eat. my mind was set on making myself some real food last night. i went out and bought a bio cauliflower. bio [bee-o] is french for organic. i dont always buy bio but the organic market is the only place i can find a cauliflower.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my god that kind of pastry is one of my favorites! I actually went to this talk in the French department about the movie Marie Antoinette (by Sophia Coppola) and they showed the scene with the shoes/clothes/champagne/pastries... and I got totally reminded of you! Hehe. :D

    ReplyDelete