Sunday, March 15, 2009

my sunday afternoon.

my attempt at une apres midi parisienne.
big surprise- i woke up early this morning but uh...i had nothing to do. one thing i've learned from my past two months here that sunday is NOT a good time to visit museums. so museum was definitely out of the question.
on the other hand, im always up for food and coffee, so i packed a book and headed to "les editeurs" at the carrefour d'odeon. odeon is always busy, today was no exception. i love the cafe, well.. everything but the scruffy old dude on my left. he sat there forever and only ordered a coffee while sneaking out his own snack from his hobo backpack. but my biggest problem with him might be the fact that he reminded me of my neighbors. personally, i refer to them as the epitome of arrogant cheap old french couple. (im sure many have heard me complain in person/on phone or had even experienced the unreasonable wrath in person- soooo sorry. basically, long story short, they are an old grumpy french couple who owns two little dogs that barks in the day and makes me want to play american football with them, yep i want to literally chuck them out the window. oh and the two old people? they KNOCK on my wall at night when they can't sleep. they are evil. and when i knock back? they come running at my door, ringing the doorbell and banging on the door. im still amazed by their body strength- i was too scared to open the door. ask me about it in summer, im sure i'll have more stories by then.)
anyway, les editeurs. its literally a cafe in a library. feel free to take the books off the shelves and read it with coffee. the area i was sitting in had a wall full of travel books. the girl beside me started going through a tour guide of rome when she had enough of her own work. i pulled out one on Lyon but as soon as i opened i realized there weren't any pictures so it was back onto the shelve in no time.

my book for architecture class blended in pretty well

1 comment:

  1. Ahh the cafe looks so comfy :D but I'm sorry about the guy to your left/your next door neighbors. That sounds really horrible :( You'd think that not living in a dorm would make sure you don't have that kind of problem, right? Seesh. Anyway, WE need to TALK on the phone or something! I miss you and I want to hear all of your stories!

    Also, I got your postcard (like a week ago, before spring break) and I LOVED IT! AHH! Send more & give me your address so I can send you some nice postcards with Obama/the monuments on them. <3

    ReplyDelete