Wednesday, March 25, 2009

no mo strike, s'il vous plait.

a street full of double-decker buses welcomed me when i walked out la tour maubourg (the metro stop right by school). the street was clear, no traffic at all whatsoever which was odd. i didn't really pay attention to any of it as i was in a hurry to go to class.
well, i found out when i got out of my class 3 hrs later that there was ANOTHER protest going on. oh my, don't the french like to protest. one would think they'd wait a little longer since the one from...last thursday. nuh-uh. all i can see on the way back to the metro was: PEOPLE. they stopped all traffic. the double deckers still parked, and the rest of the street was filled with workers and their families. at first, i was interested in what was going on but i gave up. its students one day and metro workers another. i stopped googling "paris, strike; today" a long time ago. i just keep my fingers crossed that my metro line is on schedule (when on strike, trains operate at varied rates, last time i waited a good 15mins).
well..there goes my day. sorry i don't have more interesting thing to say. i was going to the Warhol exhibit at Grand Palais after my art class today but my friend told me the right bank is even worse. she was late to class because the bus driver refused to keep going (as in he STOPPED on the street) once they reach Arc de Triomphe and she had to get off the bus.
i am still planning on going to the exhibit so i should have photos+more interesting post then!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh French people and their striking, haha. My French prof. went to school in Paris (he's originally from the Cote D'Ivore) and he told me sometimes he'd get waken up in the middle of the night for a strike/protest... and he'd ask them, what are we protesting for? And they'd just say, we don't know!! Let's go! Hahaha. But yeah, it's super annoying, I'm sure.

    Can't wait for photos from the exhibit!

    ReplyDelete